Richard A. & Susan F. Smith Campus Center
Week of 2/27/17
Work with Potential for Noise Impacts
- Steel at the Holyoke North MER (mechanical equipment room) will continue to be erected.
- Crews will continue with brick removal and rearrangement of materials from within the fence line at Forbes Plaza.
- Cut, cap and MEP (mechanical, electrical, and plumbing) will continue to be installed below the 10th floor slab.
- Demolition activities will take place at the Holyoke Pavilion.
- Patch repairs will take place at the Bank Pavilion.
- Cutting and chipping will take place at the 2nd floor column of the Holyoke Street bookend.
- General concrete repairs will continue on the Pharmacy Pavilion.
- Scaffolding will begin to be installed over the Holyoke South garage ramp.
- Demolition activities will begin at the Dunster Pavilion North garage Ramp. Also, drilling will begin on Wednesday, March 1st.
- HUHS Urgent Care After Hours (Monday-Friday: 5:30pm-7:30am, and all day weekends and holidays) will be relocated to the HUHS Law School clinic in Pound Hall.
- Dumpsters will be placed on the Dunster South garage access ramp from 5:30PM-12:30AM.
- Construction equipment will begin to be relocated from the South garage ramp to the North garage ramp starting Friday, March 3rd.
Roadway and Sidewalk Impacts
- Holyoke Street Pavilion - Steel erection will continue and Holyoke Street will be closed on a daily basis from 7am-4pm. The sidewalks on the east side of Holyoke Street will remain open for pedestrian traffic and emergency vehicles will maintain access at all times. The new three storied Holyoke Pavilion is scheduled to be completed in April 2018.
- Holyoke Street will continue to be closed from 7:00AM-4:00PM for pavilion demolition work. Police detail will be posted at the intersection of Mt Auburn Street and Holyoke Street to re-direct traffic.
- Dunster North Ramp will be open. Dunster South Ramp will be open during the day and closed at night for construction activities. Holyoke North Ramp will be open but intermittent closures are expected. Holyoke South Ramp will be open for emergency vehicles only.
- Parking Garage will remain open. Entrance during the day will be through Dunster South Ramp. Entrance at night will be through Holyoke South Ramp. Exit will be through Dunster North Ramp. A police detail will be located at both Dunster ramps for traffic control.
- Dunster Street and Holyoke Street sidewalks adjacent to the building will be closed for the duration of the project.
- The sidewalk and parking at the corner of Dunster and Mass Ave immediately adjacent to Forbes Plaza will be closed from 7:00AM-4:00PM.
- Mt. Auburn entrance to the Arcade will be completely closed for the duration of the project.
- All 5 stairwells within the building are accessible in the event of an emergency.
- Forbes Plaza will remain closed for the duration of the project. Pedestrian access to Campus Center Elevators P3 - P6 is through the Mass Ave Entrance Only. All other Arcade access will remain closed. Pedestrian access will be restricted and clearly directed with signage.
- Bike racks are available at the basement level and southwest corner of the building.
- Materials and equipment deliveries will occur along Holyoke Street and may also require intermittent closure of garage access ramps necessary for materials deliveries and scaffolding erection. At a minimum one entrance and one exit ramp will be available at all times directed by police detail as necessary.