Richard A. & Susan F. Smith Campus Center
Week of 3/27/17
Work with Potential for Noise Impacts
- Steel at the Holyoke North MER (mechanical equipment room) will continue to be erected.
- Crews will continue with brick removal and rearrangement of materials from within the fence line at Forbes Plaza.
- Cutting and chipping will take place at the 2nd floor column of the Holyoke Street bookend.
- General concrete repairs and scaffolding removal will take place at the Pharmacy Pavilion.
- Scaffolding will continue to be installed at the South Tower. Window protection installation will begin on the 1st floor.
- Erection of scaffolding and drilling activities will continue at the Dunster South Ramp on Saturday, March 25th.
- Excavation activities will take place at Garage B1, below Holyoke/Dunster Pavilion.
- Steel beams will continue to be installed at Garage B1 North, below the Bank.
- Fencing will begin to be moved and signage will begin to installed at the Mt. Auburn Plaza on Monday, March 27th.
- HUHS Urgent Care After Hours (Monday-Friday: 5:30pm-7:30am, and all day weekends and holidays) will be relocated to the HUHS Law School clinic in Pound Hall.
- Dumpsters will be placed on the Dunster South garage access ramp from 5:30PM-12:30AM.
- Construction equipment will continue to be relocated from the South garage ramp to the North garage ramp.
- The freight elevator at the South Tower will be out of service.
Roadway and Sidewalk Impacts
- Holyoke Street Pavilion - Steel erection will continue and Holyoke Street will be closed on a daily basis from 7am-4pm. The sidewalks on the east side of Holyoke Street will remain open for pedestrian traffic and emergency vehicles will maintain access at all times. The new three storied Holyoke Pavilion is scheduled to be completed in April 2018.
- Holyoke Street will continue to be closed from 7:00AM-4:00PM for pavilion demolition work. Police detail will be posted at the intersection of Mt Auburn Street and Holyoke Street to re-direct traffic.
- Dunster North Ramp will be open to vehicular traffic only. Dunster South Ramp will be open to both vehicular and pedestrian traffic. Holyoke North Ramp will be closed during the day and open at night for vehicular traffic. Holyoke South Ramp will be closed during the day and open at night for vehicular traffic. Emergency vehicles will be permitted access only. The pedestrian ramp down to B1 is closed all day.
- Parking Garage will remain open. Entrance during the day will be through Dunster South Ramp. Entrance at night will be through Holyoke South Ramp. Exit will be through Dunster North Ramp. A police detail will be located at both Dunster ramps for traffic control.
- Dunster Street and Holyoke Street sidewalks adjacent to the building will be closed for the duration of the project.
- The sidewalk and parking at the corner of Dunster and Mass Ave immediately adjacent to Forbes Plaza will be closed from 7:00AM-4:00PM.
- Mt. Auburn entrance to the Arcade will be completely closed for the duration of the project.
- All 5 stairwells within the building are accessible in the event of an emergency.
- Forbes Plaza will remain closed for the duration of the project. Pedestrian access to Campus Center Elevators P3 - P6 is through the Mass Ave Entrance Only. All other Arcade access will remain closed. Pedestrian access will be restricted and clearly directed with signage.
- Bike racks are available at the basement level and southwest corner of the building.
- Materials and equipment deliveries will occur along Holyoke Street and may also require intermittent closure of garage access ramps necessary for materials deliveries and scaffolding erection. At a minimum one entrance and one exit ramp will be available at all times directed by police detail as necessary.