The Harvard Graduate School of Design has commenced an interior renovation and exterior renovation construction project at 20 Sumner Road. The project encompasses an energy retrofit of the existing 20 Sumner Road house and property to target ambitious sustainable goals that can work within the context of a traditional wood frame house. The house’s siding, roof, windows, cooling system, and other building materials, will be replaced. The project also includes landscaping and accessibility upgrades.
What to Expect During Construction
- General work hours are Monday through Friday 7:00am- 4:00pm. Please note that work may be extended to 6:00pm during weekdays when needed.
- Work will take place on Saturdays from 9:00am-6:00pm until the project is complete.
- A road closure will take place over the summer for a few days during general work hours for utility work.
- Sidewalk reconstruction in front of the property is scheduled for August 2017
- Neighbors will be notified of all road closures and pedestrian detours several days in advance of the scheduled work.
- This project is expected to be completed in December 2017.
- For more information about this project, please visit harvardcgbc.org
We appreciate your patience during construction. Wherever there is an opportunity to reduce residential impacts, we will be sure to explore every avenue. Please contact the Harvard University Construction Mitigation Office at 617-496-0857 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.