Utility Work on I-90 On and Off-Ramps @ Exit 131 (Allston/Brighton) in the City of Boston – Night ramp closures will be in place on November 8 and November 9

The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) will continue its utility work on the I-90 on-ramp and off-ramp at exit 131 (Allston/Brighton) in Boston during the week of November 8, 2021.

On Monday, November 8, the I-90 westbound off-ramp at Exit 131 (Allston/Brighton) will be closed for paving from 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. as part of the ongoing utility work for the developing Enterprise Research Campus (ERC) in Allston. Traffic will be detoured to the Cambridge/Somerville fork where vehicles will take a left onto Cambridge Street at the first traffic light. Vehicles exiting I-90 eastbound at Exit 131 will follow the same detour.

On Tuesday, November 9, the I-90 on-ramp (Allston/Brighton) at Cambridge Street will be closed for paving from 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. Detour signage will direct vehicles to take a left onto Soldiers Field Road followed by a left on Western Avenue and North Harvard Street. At the intersection of North Harvard and Cambridge Streets, vehicles will take a left for access to the I-90 on-ramp.

The contractor will be working on the shoulder of the I-90 ramps at Exit 131 next week from 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with possible shoulder closures on the I-90 on-ramp as needed. There is no work scheduled on Veterans Day, Thursday, November 11, 2021.

Appropriate signage, law enforcement details, and messaging will be in place to guide drivers through the work area. Drivers who are traveling through the affected areas should expect delays, reduce speed, and use caution.

All scheduled work is weather dependent and subject to change without notice. Overnight ramp closures may be necessary on Wednesday, November 10, 2021, if inclement weather prevents the contractor from completing this paving work overnight on Monday and Tuesday.