Harvard University has hired a contractor to replace all windows in the University-owned and occupied building at 8 Story Street. As always, we appreciate the cooperation and patience of the neighboring residents, businesses, and the Harvard community as the University works to install new floor-to-ceiling windows and modernize the appearance of 8 Story Street.
Over the next several months, area residents and businesses can expect the presence of work crews, as well as construction equipment and activity between the project’s work hours, Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM. During these hours, construction activity will generate some additional noise in the area due to deliveries, hammering, and the use of power tools.
General Project Information:
- The project is scheduled to begin with the arrival of scaffolding on Monday, December 27, 2021, with project completion currently scheduled for mid-June 2022.
- Scaffolding will be installed from the ground floor to the roof beginning with the back of the building along the pedestrian alley. The scaffolding will be enclosed with weatherproof wrapping.
- Work will transition to the Story Street side of the building in late January/early February 2022.
- Access to 8 Story Street and all area offices and businesses will be maintained throughout the project, though pedestrians will be asked to follow walking detours at times to ensure their safety during construction. Signs will be posted.
- At times, deliveries will require the contractor to use several metered spaces in front of 8 Story Street. Some deliveries will also occur via the pedestrian alley way behind the building. Signs will be posted.
If you have any questions or concerns before or throughout the duration of the project, please contact the Harvard University Construction Mitigation Office at 617-496-0857 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. We appreciate your cooperation.