Harvard University Real Estate (HRE) has engaged a contractor to preserve the historic Loeb House building at 17 Quincy Street by repointing and restoring all chimneys to their original condition. The work is scheduled to begin on Thursday, June 9, 2022, and completion is expected by the end of August 2022.
Key Logistics Information:
- Loeb House neighbors can expect that this work will generate some noise due to the present of work crews and the use of power tools between the project work hours, Monday through Friday between 7:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- To access the chimney, a stair tower will be built from the ground floor to the roof on the back of the house adjacent to the Yard over several days beginning on June 9.
- A section of the front lawn off Quincy Street will be used for materials laydown space.
- The pedestrian pathways around Loeb House will remain accessible throughout the project.
- Overhead protection will be in place over the building’s entrances to ensure the safety of Loeb House visitors.
- Please note that some entrances will be closed while the overhead protections are being built.
- On Thursday, June 9, and Friday, June 10, the building’s North entrance will be inaccessible, and visitors will be directed to use the front entrance on Quincy Street.
- On Monday, June 13, the front entrance will be closed and visitors will be directed to the side entrance on the north end of the building.
• Signage will be posted on these dates to provide guidance to alternate entrances.