What's happening on your floor?
Week of 2/26/18
All staff members are encouraged to contact the Construction Mitigation Office at 617-496-0857 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns of noise, air quality, or other construction impacts.
Floors 10, 9, 8, and 7
- Crews are currently performing utility work, installation of mill work, framing walls, painting and installing drywall/door frames associated with the 10th floor renovation.
- Crews continue with work in stairwell 1 (south tower towards Dunster Street). The work includes demolishing and setting stairs from level 9 to level 10. During this work, stairwell 1 will be closed from the 9th floor and up. The work is scheduled to take 2-3 weeks. Signage has been placed at the impacted door to alert staff in the building that the stairwell is not in service up to the 9th floor.
Floors 6 through 3
- Crews will be performing accessibility upgrades on the 3rd floor. Impacted departments have been notified.
Floors 2 and Lobby
- Interior renovation activities will continue on the 2nd floor of the south tower (Mt. Auburn Street).
- Bike Rack Relocation – Due to increased activity in the parking garage, the bike rack that was recently relocated will be relocated to Dunster Street during the evening of Friday, March 2. Signage will be placed at the rack with more information during the week of February 26.
- Holyoke Street Pavilion – The installation of stone flooring, elevator cab, metal panel finishes, glass railings, and bathroom finishes will continue. Holyoke Street will be closed on a daily basis (weekdays only) from 7am-4pm. The sidewalks on the east side of Holyoke Street will remain open for pedestrian traffic. The new three storied Holyoke Pavilion is scheduled to be completed in Spring 2018.
- Dunster Street Pavilion – Crews will be installing window sills and begin to lay out and frame walls on level 1. To accommodate cranes and deliveries, jersey barriers have been pushed out to the middle of the road on Dunster Street. There will be no metered parking available, as the parking lane will be used as a travel lane until Summer 2018.
- Welcome Center/Collaborative Space – Crews will continue with utility work, fireproof steel, and install the new elevator cab within the new Welcome Center. In the collaborative space, the team will be performing utility work, bathroom finishes, and will continue to prepare and paint the ceilings.
- Mt. Auburn Plaza – During the week of February 26, crews will transition into their next phase. Excavating and trucking will take place. In order to transition into the next phase, pedestrians will be detoured in the immediate area.
- Arcade – The installation of brick flooring and utility work will continue.
- Garage Impact: For the remainder of the project, various vehicle ramps will be inaccessible at times. Please be on the lookout for signage to help guide you into the parking garage.
- Emergency Egress – All 5 stairwells within the building are accessible in the event of an emergency.
- Health Services Urgent Care After Hours (5:30pm-7:30am) have relocated to the Harvard Law School campus in Pound Hall (1530 Massachusetts Avenue).