Richard A. & Susan F. Smith Campus Center
Week of 8/21/17
Work with Potential for Noise Impacts
- General concrete repairs will continue at the South Tower and Holyoke Bookend at the North Tower.
- Cutting and chipping will occur on Friday, August 25th and Saturday, August 26th at the South Tower on the Southwest side.
- Sandblasting concrete will continue at Dunster Pavilion.
- The underside of Level 3 floor slab at Welcome Center will continue to be cleaned.
- Curtainwall steel will be erected at Welcome Center.
- Site reconstruction will continue within Mt. Auburn Plaza.
- Sidewalk demolition will continue on Mass Ave. walkway.
Roadway and Sidewalk Impacts
- Dunster Street and Holyoke Street sidewalks adjacent to the building will be closed for the duration of the project.
- Holyoke Street will be open on Tuesday, August 22nd for freshman move-in.
- Mt. Auburn entrance to the Arcade will be completely closed for the duration of the project.
- Phase 2 of the plaza reconstruction is underway at Mt. Auburn Plaza. The 4 handicap parking spaces on Mt. Auburn Street in front of the Smith Campus Center have been relocated to Holyoke Street and Dunster Street, just south of Mt. Auburn St. Signage will be in place for pedestrian detours. These impacts will be in place until November 2018.
- Bike racks are currently located at Dunster Street and Mt. Auburn Street intersection and in front of Clover Food Lab on Massachusetts Avenue. Bike racks are also available at the basement level and southwest corner of the building.
- Holyoke Street will continue to be closed from 7:00AM-4:00PM for pavilion construction work. Police detail will be posted at the intersection of Mt Auburn Street and Holyoke Street to redirect traffic.
- Forbes Plaza will remain closed for the duration of the project.
- Phase 5 of the Mass Ave. sidewalk reconstruction is underway. Pedestrian detours will be in place.
Parking Garage Impacts
- Materials and equipment deliveries will occur along Holyoke Street and may also require intermittent closure of garage access ramps necessary for materials deliveries and scaffolding erection. At a minimum one entrance and one exit ramp will be available at all times directed by police detail as necessary.
- Dunster North Ramp will be open during the day and night to vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
- Dunster South Ramp will be open during the day and night to vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
- Holyoke North Ramp will be closed during the day and night for vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
- Holyoke South Ramp will be open to garage traffic during the day and night to vehicular traffic only. The pedestrian ramp down to B1 is closed during the day and night.
- Parking Garage will remain open. Entrance during the day and night will be through Holyoke South Ramp. Exit will be through Dunster North Ramp. A police detail will be located at both Dunster South and Holyoke South ramps for traffic control.
- Overhead conduit work will be conducted in the evening at the B1 Lower Mezzanine level. Parking spaces will remain open however the south drive lane may be intermittently closed.