Richard A. & Susan F. Smith Campus Center
Week of 6/26/17
Work with Potential for Noise Impacts
- General concrete repairs, sealant removal, and concrete cleaning will continue at the South Tower. Concrete chipping will ensue Friday and Saturday, June 30th - July 1st at the east end of the tower.
- The roof will continue to be installed at the Holyoke Pavilion.
- Fireproofing will be sprayed within the Dunster Pavilion area.
- Decking and wall studs will continue to be installed at Welcome Center. Steel will continue to be detailed.
- Site demolition will continue within Mt. Auburn Plaza.
Roadway and Sidewalk Impacts
- Dunster Street and Holyoke Street sidewalks adjacent to the building will be closed for the duration of the project.
- Mt. Auburn entrance to the Arcade will be completely closed for the duration of the project.
- Phase 2 of the plaza reconstruction is underway at Mt. Auburn Plaza. The 4 handicap parking spaces on Mt. Auburn Street in front of the Smith Campus Center have been relocated to Holyoke Street and Dunster Street, just south of Mt. Auburn St. Signage will be in place for pedestrian detours. These impacts will be in place until November 2018.
- Bike racks are currently located at Dunster Street and Mt. Auburn Street intersection and in front of Clover Food Lab on Massachusetts Avenue. Bike racks are also available at the basement level and southwest corner of the building.
- Holyoke Street will continue to be closed from 7:00AM-4:00PM for pavilion construction work. Police detail will be posted at the intersection of Mt Auburn Street and Holyoke Street to redirect traffic.
- Forbes Plaza will remain closed for the duration of the project.
- Paver removal work will continue on Mass Avenue. A temporary crosswalk will be installed. Orange barriers, canes and cones, and signage will be installed to help direct pedestrian traffic.
Parking Garage Impacts
- Materials and equipment deliveries will occur along Holyoke Street and may also require intermittent closure of garage access ramps necessary for materials deliveries and scaffolding erection. At a minimum one entrance and one exit ramp will be available at all times directed by police detail as necessary.
- Dunster North Ramp will be open during the day and night [except Thursday or Friday] to vehicular and pedestrian traffic. Please note that this ramp will be closed during the day on June 29th or June 30th. Vehicles will then be redirected to Holyoke South and North Ramp for garage entry. Pedestrian access to B1 will remain open.
- Dunster South Ramp will be open during the day and night [except Monday] to vehicular and pedestrian traffic. Please note that this ramp will be closed during the day on Monday, June 26th. Vehicles will then be redirected to Holyoke South Ramp for garage entry. Pedestrian access to B1 HUHS will be redirected with signage.
- Holyoke North Ramp will be open during the day and night for vehicular traffic.
- Holyoke South Ramp will be open to accommodate garage traffic. Emergency vehicles will be permitted access only. The pedestrian ramp down to B1 is closed all day.
- Parking Garage will remain open. Entrance during the day and night will be through Dunster South Ramp. Exit will be through Dunster North Ramp. A police detail will be located at both Dunster South and Holyoke South ramps for traffic control.