Richard A. & Susan F. Smith Campus Center
Week of 7/17/17
Work with Potential for Noise Impacts
- General concrete repairs will continue at the South Tower.
- Cutting and chipping of balcony copings will occur at the South Tower.
- The roof will continue to be installed at the Holyoke Pavilion.
- Coring will take place through the 1st floor slab of Holyoke Pavilion.
- Exterior framing will continue to be installed at the south end of Holyoke Pavilion.
- Steel will continue to be erected and detailed within the arcade.
- Upper brackets and steel curtainwall will be installed at Welcome Center.
- Sandblasting concrete will occur in Dunster Pavilion.
- Site reconstruction will continue within Mt. Auburn Plaza.
- Sidewalk demolition will continue on Mass Ave. walkway.
Roadway and Sidewalk Impacts
- Dunster Street and Holyoke Street sidewalks adjacent to the building will be closed for the duration of the project.
- Mt. Auburn entrance to the Arcade will be completely closed for the duration of the project.
- Phase 2 of the plaza reconstruction is underway at Mt. Auburn Plaza. The 4 handicap parking spaces on Mt. Auburn Street in front of the Smith Campus Center have been relocated to Holyoke Street and Dunster Street, just south of Mt. Auburn St. Signage will be in place for pedestrian detours. These impacts will be in place until November 2018.
- Bike racks are currently located at Dunster Street and Mt. Auburn Street intersection and in front of Clover Food Lab on Massachusetts Avenue. Bike racks are also available at the basement level and southwest corner of the building.
- Holyoke Street will continue to be closed from 7:00AM-4:00PM for pavilion construction work. Police detail will be posted at the intersection of Mt Auburn Street and Holyoke Street to redirect traffic.
- Forbes Plaza will remain closed for the duration of the project.
- Phase 5 of the Mass Ave. sidewalk reconstruction is underway. Pedestrians detours will be in place.
Parking Garage Impacts
- Materials and equipment deliveries will occur along Holyoke Street and may also require intermittent closure of garage access ramps necessary for materials deliveries and scaffolding erection. At a minimum one entrance and one exit ramp will be available at all times directed by police detail as necessary.
- Dunster North Ramp will be open during the day and night to vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
- Dunster South Ramp will be open during the day and night to vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
- Holyoke North Ramp will be closed during the day and night for vehicular traffic.
- Holyoke South Ramp will be open to accommodate garage traffic. Emergency vehicles will be permitted access only. The pedestrian ramp down to B1 is open all day.
- Parking Garage will remain open. Entrance during the day and night will be through Holyoke South Ramp. Exit will be through Dunster North Ramp. A police detail will be located at both Dunster South and Holyoke South ramps for traffic control.