Richard A. & Susan F. Smith Campus Center
Week of 2/26/18
Work with Potential for Noise Impacts
- Concrete columns will undergo patching and grinding within the Arcade.
- Door frames and other heavy material will be rolled on carts above the Bank at the L02 Collorabative Space.
- Metal wall panels will be installed along the Holyoke north and south side.
- Fireproofing will be sprayed with the Dunster Pavilion upper vestibule and Welcome Center.
- Fireproofing will be sprayed at the 10th floor, northeast tower.
- Stair 1 at the 10th floor will undergo demolition.
- Overhead MEP’s (mechanical, electrical and plumbing) will be installed at Level 1 and Level 2 Welcome Center.
Roadway and Sidewalk Impacts
- Dunster Street and Holyoke Street sidewalks adjacent to the building will be closed for the duration of the project.
- Mt. Auburn entrance to the Arcade will be completely closed for the duration of the project. Access into HUHS will still be maintained. Please refer to the wayfinding signage for direction.
- Forbes Plaza will remain closed for the duration of the project. The main building entrance is now located along Dunster Street. Please refer to the wayfinding signage for direction.
Phase 4c of the plaza reconstruction is underway at Mt. Auburn Plaza.
- The 4 handicap parking spaces on Mt. Auburn Street in front of the Smith Campus Center have been relocated south along Holyoke Street and Dunster Street. These impacts will be in place until August 2018.
- Fence lines will be pushed out along the Mt. Auburn Street sidewalk starting Saturday, February 24th, closest to the Smith Campus Center. Signage will be in place for pedestrian detours.
- Containment in front of Harvard Information Center will begin to be installed. Signage will be in place to redirect pedestrians to an adjacent door while this work is performed.
- Bike racks are currently located at Dunster Street garage ramp and in front of Clover Food Lab on Massachusetts Avenue.
- Holyoke Street will continue to be closed from 7:00AM-4:00PM for pavilion construction work. Police detail will be posted at the intersection of Mt Auburn Street and Holyoke Street to redirect traffic.
Parking Garage Impacts
- Materials and equipment deliveries will occur along Holyoke Street and may also require intermittent closure of garage access ramps necessary for materials deliveries and scaffolding erection. At a minimum one entrance and one exit ramp will be available at all times directed by police detail as necessary.
- Dunster North Ramp will be open during the day and night to vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
- Dunster South Ramp will be open during the day and night to vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
- Holyoke North Ramp will be CLOSED during the day and night for vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
- Holyoke South Ramp will be CLOSED during the day and night to vehicular traffic only.
- Parking Garage will remain open during the weekdays. Entrance during the day and night will be primarily through Dunster South Ramp. Exit will be through Dunster North Ramp. A police detail will be located at both Dunster South and Holyoke South ramps for traffic control.