Richard A. & Susan F. Smith Campus Center
Week of 6/18/18
Moise Y. Safra Welcome Pavilion & Collaborative Commons (formerly Welcome Center/Collaborative Space)
- Crews will continue with floor installation, ductwork installation, bathroom finishes, and the installation of cloud ceilings within the new Welcome Center.
- In the collaborative space, the team will be installing metal door frames, ceiling panels, and glass panels.
- Conduit and other hardscape materials will be installed in the plaza area on Mass Ave.
Harvard Commons (formerly Holyoke Pavilion)
- Utility work, metal wall panels, wood and stone flooring, fin tube installation, and roof coping will continue.
- Holyoke Street sidewalks adjacent to the building are currently being reconstructed.
- Holyoke Street is scheduled to be open to through traffic for the remainder of the project. While every effort will be made to make Holyoke Street passable, crews will need to shut down the road, at times, for crane activities and various areas of sidewalk reconstruction. Holyoke Street is scheduled to be closed on Thursday, June 21st.
- Installation of glass and painting will continue.
- Turnstyles will be installed.
- Conduit wiring and controls will be installed within the P3 elevator hoistway.
- Drywall, millwork and MEP services will be installed in preparation for the new food venue.
- Soffit panels will be installed at the south side of the pavilion, along the Dunster north ramp.
- Geofoam will be poured and placed in the pavilion.
- Planting and soils will be installed at the roof.
- To accommodate cranes and deliveries, jersey barriers have been pushed out to the middle of the road on Dunster Street. There will be no metered parking available, as the parking lane will be used as a travel lane until Summer 2018.
10th Floor Renovation
- Crews will be performing utility work and final cleanup.
- Kitchen fit-out MEP services will be installed at the north and south end of the central corridor.
- Please note that materials may be wheeled on a cart (which may be heard from the 9th floor) and that all activities listed above require the use of power tools (saws, drills, etc.)
- Crews will be installing electrical finishes and acoustic ceiling tiles.
- Existing ceiling, a concrete wall, and soffits will be removed within the Wellness area.
Parking Garage Impacts
- For the remainder of the project, various vehicle ramps will be inaccessible at times. Directional signage will be on site to assist patrons.
- The 8th floor bathrooms and kitchen near the south tower are scheduled to be completed early in the week.
- The 9th floor bathroom renovations are scheduled to be completed by the end of the week.
- While the bathrooms are under construction, staff on floors 8 and 9 will need to use the restrooms near the north tower.
- All work will take place Monday through Thursday 6pm-4am.
- Fire alarm testing will take place over the next 4-6 weeks.
- Elevator renovations will begin.
Mt. Auburn Plaza
- Crews will be excavating soils and bricks associated with the 3rd new seating wall within the plaza.
- The next phase of sidewalk reconstruction is underway. Mt. Auburn sidewalk pavers are expected to be complete by the end of July.
Additional Public Way Impacts
- Dunster Street and Holyoke Street sidewalks adjacent to the building will be closed for the duration of the project.
- Mt. Auburn entrance to the Arcade will be closed for the duration of the project. Access into Harvard University Health Services will still be maintained. Please refer to the wayfinding signage for direction.
HUHS Services During Construction
- Harvard University Health Services Urgent Care After Hours (Monday - Friday 5:30pm-7:30am, weekends, and holidays) have relocated to the Harvard Law School campus in Pound Hall (1530 Massachusetts Avenue).