Richard A. & Susan F. Smith Campus Center
Week of 5/29/17
Please note, no work will take place on Thursday, May 29th in observance of Memorial Day.
Work with Potential for Noise Impacts
- Steel at the Holyoke North MER (mechanical equipment room) will continue to be erected.
- Window protection will continue to be installed at the 2nd floor of the Holyoke Street bookend.
- Sealant will continue to be installed at the South Tower. Concrete chipping will ensue on Friday, June 2nd and Saturday, June 3rd.
- Glass will continue to be installed at the Holyoke Pavilion.
- Trenches will continue to be dug for manholes at Mt. Auburn Plaza. Reconfiguration of the HUHS entrance and fence line will also take place.
- Brick removal will continue at the north end of the Arcade.
- Steel will continue to be installed at the Welcome Center.
- Steel beams will continue to be detailed at the Dunster Pavilion at the North and South Mechanical Equipment Rooms.
- The scissor lift will continue to be positioned in front Cambridge Trust Bank on Mass Ave for an additional week.
- Dumpsters will be placed on the Dunster South garage access ramp from 5:30PM-12:30AM.
Roadway and Sidewalk Impacts
- Bike racks that were once located on Dunster Street at Mt. Auburn Street have been relocated to the south entrance of the Smith. Campus Center (Mt. Auburn Street). Bike racks are available at the basement level and southwest corner of the building.
- Holyoke Street will continue to be closed from 7:00AM-4:00PM for pavilion demolition work. Police detail will be posted at the intersection of Mt Auburn Street and Holyoke Street to re-direct traffic.
- Dunster Street and Holyoke Street sidewalks adjacent to the building will be closed for the duration of the project.
- Mt. Auburn entrance to the Arcade will be completely closed for the duration of the project.
- Forbes Plaza will remain closed for the duration of the project.
Parking Garage Impacts
- Materials and equipment deliveries will occur along Holyoke Street and may also require intermittent closure of garage access ramps necessary for materials deliveries and scaffolding erection. At a minimum one entrance and one exit ramp will be available at all times directed by police detail as necessary.
- Dunster North Ramp will be open during the day to vehicular traffic only, and will be open at night from 6:00pm – 12:00am. Dunster South Ramp will be closed through May 30th. During this time, please use Holyoke South ramp to access the garage.
- Holyoke North Ramp will be closed during the day and closed at night for vehicular traffic. Holyoke South Ramp will be open to accommodate garage traffic. Emergency vehicles will be permitted access only. The pedestrian ramp down to B1 is closed all day.
- Parking Garage will remain open. Entrance during the day and night will be through Holyoke South Ramp. Exit will be through Dunster North Ramp. A police detail will be located at both Dunster South and Holyoke South ramps for traffic control.