House Renewal Projects
Harvard University is continuing with its River House Renewal Program re-configuring the interior spaces to meet the complex needs of today’s students, relieve overcrowding, improve privacy, and comply with current building codes. The renovations will also enhance program spaces to better support students’ academic and social development and upgrade outdated building systems and infrastructure.
Lowell House Renewal
Saturday, May 25, 2019
- Interior finishes will continue.
- Loadouts from the building will continue, as well as material deliveries.
Week of May 27, 2019
- Please note, no work will take place on Monday, May 27th in observance of Memorial Day or Thursday, May 30th for Harvard Commencement.
Public Way Impacts
- Plympton Street will experience temporary closures to assist with equipment deliveries to the site. Closures should only last 5-10 minutes.
- Harvard Police details will remain on site.
- On Wednesday, May 29th, all cones will be removed from exterior roads at Lowell House.
Exterior Site Activities
- Passageway work will continue to take place.
- Plantings will continue to be installed.
- Hydroseeding will occur.
- Miscellaneous site activity will continue.
Interior Site Activities
- Job site safety and protection of historic spaces will continue to take place.
- Furniture will continue to be installed.
- Harvard tours will be taking place throughout the week.
- Punch list items are ongoing.
General Site Activities
- Cambridge and Harvard Police details will remain on site.
- Crews will be running two work shifts. One from 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM and another from 3:30 PM - 11:00 PM.
If there are any specific questions or concerns regarding any of these projects or any other
construction related issues, please contact the Construction Mitigation Department at 617-496-
0857 or email email@example.com.