House Renewal Projects
Harvard University is continuing with its River House Renewal Program re-configuring the interior spaces to meet the complex needs of today’s students, relieve overcrowding, improve privacy, and comply with current building codes. The renovations will also enhance program spaces to better support students’ academic and social development and upgrade outdated building systems and infrastructure.
Lowell House Renewal
Saturday, November 17, 2018
- Fitting out of the interior will continue.
- Façade work will continue.
- Loadouts from the building will continue, as well as material deliveries.
Thursday, November 22, 2018
- No work will take place on Thursday, November 22nd in observance of Thanksgiving Day.
Public Way Impacts
- Plympton Street will experience temporary closures to assist with equipment deliveries to the site. Closures should only last 5-10 minutes.
- Harvard Police details will remain on site.
Exterior Site Activities
- Exterior window sills and frames will continue to be restored.
- Slate installation will continue on the roof.
- The site wall will continue to be rebuilt.
- Excavation activities and concrete forming will take place on the Holyoke walkway.
- Preparing and cutting subgrades will take place at the small courtyard.
- Bluestones will continue to be installed.
- Scaffolding will continue to be removed.
- Trees and soils will be installed in the courtyards.
Interior Site Activities
- Job site safety and protection of historic spaces will continue to take place.
- Ductwork and piping will continue to be tested.
- Rough electrical work and wall framing layout activities will continue.
- Installation of wall tracks and studs will continue.
- Spray foam insulation, waterproofing, and millwork will continue to be installed.
- Finishes will be installed on the bathrooms.
- Tile will continue to be installed in the hallways and bathrooms.
- Installation of an elevator will continue.
General Site Activities
- Cambridge and Harvard Police details will remain on site.
- Crews will be running two work shifts. One from 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM and another from 3:30 PM - 11:00 PM.
If there are any specific questions or concerns regarding any of these projects or any other
construction related issues, please contact the Construction Mitigation Department at 617-496-
0857 or email email@example.com.