House Renewal Projects
Harvard University is continuing with its River House Renewal Program re-configuring the interior spaces to meet the complex needs of today’s students, relieve overcrowding, improve privacy, and comply with current building codes. The renovations will also enhance program spaces to better support students’ academic and social development and upgrade outdated building systems and infrastructure.
Adams House Claverly Hall (63 Mount Auburn Street) - Schedule & Impacts
- Crews will mobilize June 3, 2019. General work hours 7AM-6PM. This project is expected to be completed in August 2020.
- The scope of work includes window restoration, exterior façade renovations, full interior renovation, and utility upgrades in Bow Street and Linden Street.
- Bow Street (Holyoke Street to Linden Street) will be closed to vehicular traffic on a 24-hour basis for the duration of the project. Bow Street (Plympton Street to Linden Street) will also experience closures at select times. “No Parking” signs, pedestrian detours, and roadway signage will be posted.
- The work between 7AM-6PM may generate noise from excavators, jackhammers, deliveries, boom lifts, power tools, and more.
Adam's House Weekly Update
Saturday, August 17, 2019
- Interior demolition will continue.
- Utility work on Linden street will be ongoing.
- Final Clean and turnover of Bow St @ Randolph.
Week of August 19, 2019
Public Way Impacts
- Harvard/Cambridge Police detail will remain at the intersection of Linden and Mt Auburn Streets.
- Linden Street will remain closed to vehicular and pedestrian through traffic.
Exterior Site Activities
- Excavation and installation of new utilities will take place on Linden and Bow Street within the site fence.
- Staging will be installed around the building.
- Dumpster swaps will take place throughout the week.
- Interior demolition and removal of materials will continue.
- Crews will be running two work shifts. One from 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM, and another from 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM.
- Excavation will take place in the basement.
- The Wood Frame Crew will be mobilizing this week.
Lowell House Renewal
The Lowell House Renewal Project achieved its final certificate of occupancy on Tuesday, July 16, 2019. Minor interior punchlist work will continue until the end of July in Buildings A through G. Interior finish work, namely paint stripping, re-painting and minor systems adjustments will be complete by early August in Building H. With the project nearing completion, weekly construction updates will no longer be posted. If you have any questions, please be sure to contact the Mitigation office.
If there are any specific questions or concerns regarding any of these projects or any other
construction related issues, please contact the Construction Mitigation Department at 617-496-
0857 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.