House Renewal Projects
Harvard University is continuing with its River House Renewal Program re-configuring the interior spaces to meet the complex needs of today’s students, relieve overcrowding, improve privacy, and comply with current building codes. The renovations will also enhance program spaces to better support students’ academic and social development and upgrade outdated building systems and infrastructure.
Lowell House Renewal
Saturday, June 16, 2018
- Fitting out of the interior will continue.
- Façade work will continue.
- Loadouts from the building will continue, as well as material deliveries.
Monday, June 18, 2018
Public Way Impacts
- Plympton Street will experience temporary closures to assist with equipment deliveries to the site. Closures should only last 5-10 minutes.
- Harvard Police details will remain on site.
Exterior Site Activities
- Scaffolding will continue to be removed.
- The chimneys will continue to be refurbished.
- Exterior window sills and frames will continue to be restored.
- Slate installation will continue on the roof.
- Window installations and repairs will continue.
- Drainage work will continue on Mill Street.
- Form work for the tunnel extension will begin on Mill Street.
Interior Site Activities
- Job site safety and protection of historic spaces will continue to take place.
- Ductwork and piping will continue to be tested.
- Rough electrical work will continue.
- Wall framing layout activities will continue.
- Installation of wall tracks and studs will continue.
- Structural steel and millwork will continue to be installed.
- Spray foam insulation and waterproofing will continue to be installed.
- Underground MEP’s (mechanical, electrical, and plumbing) will continue to be installed, as well as piping and ducts on racks.
- Tile will continue to be installed in the hallways and bathrooms.
- Installation of an elevator will continue.
General Site Activities
- Cambridge and Harvard Police details will remain on site.
- Mill Street will be closed to vehicles and pedestrians but the Southern sidewalk, adjacent to Gore Hall, will be open for pedestrians.
- Crews will be running two work shifts. One from 7:30 AM – 3:30 PM and another from 3:30PM – 11:00 PM.
If there are any specific questions or concerns regarding any of these projects or any other
construction related issues, please contact the Construction Mitigation Department at 617-496-
0857 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.