House Renewal Projects
Harvard University is continuing with its River House Renewal Program re-configuring the interior spaces to meet the complex needs of today’s students, relieve overcrowding, improve privacy, and comply with current building codes. The renovations will also enhance program spaces to better support students’ academic and social development and upgrade outdated building systems and infrastructure.
Lowell House Renewal
Saturday, January 12, 2019
- Fitting out of the interior will continue.
- Façade work will continue.
- Loadouts from the building will continue, as well as material deliveries.
Public Way Impacts
- Plympton Street will experience temporary closures to assist with equipment deliveries to the site. Closures should only last 5-10 minutes.
- Harvard Police details will remain on site.
- Exterior window sills and frames will continue to be restored.
- Bluestones, cartouches, mulch, and brick pavers will continue to be installed.
- Job site safety and protection of historic spaces will continue to take place.
- Ductwork and piping will continue to be tested.
- Rough electrical work and wall framing activities will continue.
- Installation of drywall and plaster will continue.
- Spray foam insulation, waterproofing, and millwork will continue to be installed.
- Finishes will be installed on the bathrooms.
- Tile will continue to be installed in the hallways and bathrooms.
- Installation of an elevator will continue.
- Cambridge and Harvard Police details will remain on site.
- Crews will be running two work shifts. One from 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM and another from 3:30 PM - 11:00 PM.
If there are any specific questions or concerns regarding any of these projects or any other
construction related issues, please contact the Construction Mitigation Department at 617-496-
0857 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.