House Renewal Projects
Harvard University is continuing with its River House Renewal Program re-configuring the interior spaces to meet the complex needs of today’s students, relieve overcrowding, improve privacy, and comply with current building codes. The renovations will also enhance program spaces to better support students’ academic and social development and upgrade outdated building systems and infrastructure.
Lowell House Renewal
Saturday, March 23, 2019
- Fitting out of the interior will continue.
- Façade work will continue.
- Loadouts from the building will continue, as well as material deliveries.
Week of March 25, 2019
Public Way Impacts
- Plympton Street will experience temporary closures to assist with equipment deliveries to the site. Closures should only last 5-10 minutes.
- Harvard Police details will remain on site.
Exterior Site Activities
- Screens and grills will continue to be installed.
- Installation of granite will continue.
- Passageway work will continue to take place.
- Site work will continue.
- Reparation of the catch basin will begin.
Interior Site Activities
- Job site safety and protection of historic spaces will continue to take place.
- Ductwork and piping will continue to be tested.
- Rough electrical work will continue.
- Spray foam insulation, waterproofing, and millwork will continue to be installed.
- Finishes will be installed on the bathrooms.
- Tile will continue to be installed in the hallways and bathrooms.
- Framing, boarding, and plastering work will continue.
- Installation of an elevator will continue.
- Electrical devices will continue to be installed.
General Site Activities
- Cambridge and Harvard Police details will remain on site.
- Crews will be running two work shifts. One from 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM and another from 3:30 PM - 11:00 PM.
If there are any specific questions or concerns regarding any of these projects or any other
construction related issues, please contact the Construction Mitigation Department at 617-496-
0857 or email email@example.com.