House Renewal Projects
Harvard University is continuing with its River House Renewal Program re-configuring the interior spaces to meet the complex needs of today’s students, relieve overcrowding, improve privacy, and comply with current building codes. The renovations will also enhance program spaces to better support students’ academic and social development and upgrade outdated building systems and infrastructure.
Lowell House Renewal
Saturday, February 24, 2017
- Impairment operations will continue.
- Exterior work will continue.
Public Way Impacts
- Plympton Street will experience temporary closures to assist with equipment deliveries to the site. Closures should only last 5-10 minutes.
- Excavation will continue on the East end of Mill Street within the site fence. Gate 5, near Mill and Holyoke Street via Elliot Circle, will be utilized for construction traffic.
- Harvard Police details will remain on site.
- Scaffolding will continue to be installed.
- The chimneys will continue to be refurbished.
- Exterior window sills and frames will continue to be restored.
- Slate installation will continue on the roof.
- Window installations will continue.
- Stripping of the slate will continue.
- Sheet metal will continue to be restored.
- Excavation for the emergency duct bank will continue.
- Job site safety will continue to take place.
- Work on the historic spaces will continue.
- Cutting of the structural slab will continue.
- MEP (mechanical, electrical, and plumbing) layout activities and coring will continue.
- Ductwork and piping will continue to be tested.
- Rough electrical work will continue.
- Wall framing layout activities will continue.
- Installation of wall tracks and studs will continue.
- Mock-up of rooms will continue.
- MEP (mechanical, electrical, and plumbing) support steel, as well as underground MEP’s, will continue to be installed.
- Spray foam insulation and waterproofing will continue to be installed.
- Elevator blocks will continue to be installed.
- Excavation activities will take place.
- Sand blasting activities will continue.
- Steel will continue to be installed.
- Cambridge and Harvard Police details will remain on site.
- Mill Street will be closed to vehicles and pedestrians but the Southern sidewalk, adjacent to Gore Hall, will be open for pedestrians.
- Crews will be running two work shifts. One from 7:30 AM – 3:30 PM and another from 3:30PM – 11:00 PM.
If there are any specific questions or concerns regarding any of these projects or any other
construction related issues, please contact the Construction Mitigation Department at 617-496-
0857 or email email@example.com.